At MarketSpace Communications, we thrive on turning out the kind of creative work that can stop people in their tracks. We are committed to thinking outside of the box—or the page, for that matter—and coming up with ideas that drive traffic, generate sales, and meet any other needs our clients demand.
We’re looking for an individual with a passion for content development, someone with forward-thinking skills, initiative and creativity. We want a writer who’s looking to gain experience in copywriting, and is excited about any opportunity, big or small.
We want someone who is confident and courageous enough to take on work independently, but can also function in a team environment, collaborating with creatives, web developers, project managers, other associates and clients when necessary. And someone who wants to take ownership, take the lead, and take projects to the next level. If you’re excited at the thought of being part of a growing agency and you thrive in a creative environment, then MarketSpace may be the perfect place for you!
We’re asking that all applicants submit writing samples along with their resumes. Thank you!
A copywriter’s responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Show potential in writing excellence in a variety of styles, including creative writing (traditional, web and social) and technical writing
- Work under direction of Associate Creative Director to:
- develop copy for both client and MarketSpace related projects
- gain knowledge of writing for a variety of mediums in different styles
- Work under the direction of or shadow Creative Director on cross-functional projects to:
- learn agency processes and workflow both within the creative team and across the entire agency
- gain a better understanding and appreciation of other agency disciplines and how all cross-function and integrate together
- Provide copywriting support for Associate Creative Director, including overflow, proofing and editing
- Work with entire creative team on brainstorms, campaigns and per-project efforts
- Take the lead on smaller client and MarketSpace related projects, while still keeping the Associate Creative Director in the loop of project scope and all rounds of creative
- Demonstrate ability to present own work, both to internal teams and to client
- Attend shoots and client meetings with Associate Creative Director when possible to gain experience and exposure
- Identify opportunities for participation that will develop skills and talent, including:
- local industry events to attend
- large-scale MarketSpace projects to shadow
Education or Experience
Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or Communications. Two-four years of experience is a must. Social and website writing, as well as agency experience is a plus.
Sound right for you? Send us your resume and samples to